Sunday, May 16, 2010

Allergies

There's nothing quite like waking up at 3 AM because your eyes are itching like crazy and you can't breath. Relatedly, slowly suffocating in your sleep gives you strange dreams.

And I think evolution got it backwards. Sitting up, it's slightly easier to breath but hard to sleep. Laying down, it's harder to breath, and therefore still impossible to sleep. Why not make it easier to breath when you're laying down? I'd rather spend my days (and nights) flat on my back...although I guess that would make doing my job rather difficult.

1 comment:

Jakeson said...

Yeah, I hear that. Houston has some of the worst allergen levels in the states, and half the time I walk around with a permanent sinus itch.

As for evolution re sleeping, ha! The random mutations of past lifeforms care not for your survival!