Friday, March 13, 2009

Phones

When Child and I had been dating for a few months, Child bought a new cellphone, and gave me her old cellphone with strict instructions to get a plan.

Up to that point, I had been content with a landline, and avoided it as much as possible. Phone calls usually meant someone wanted me to do something, and I am very selfish with my time. Child was cute, though, so I didn't really have a choice, and followed her instructions.

After Child went through six Walmart Quik-Brak® phones over the course of three years, my work bought me an iPhone and I gave Child her original phone back. The screen is pretty scratched, and the "6" key is a little sticky, but other than that it's still going strong. It's been dropped, drowned, and pretty much everything else but burned at the stake, and it's still trucking.

FWIW, the iPhone is for testing a new mobile version of my work's website on. Work paid for the phone, and I pay for the T-Mobile data plan and do the jailbreak on the phone.

No comments: