Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Why, if I had a nickle for every time I've been shot...

There's been a story in the local (and apparently not-so-local) news recently. A police officer showed up at a 70-year-old lady's house, and asked for her name so he could write her a ticket for not taking care of her lawn. Apparently they were talking near the street, and the lady refused to give her name, then tried to go back to her house. When the police officer tried to stop her (apparently afraid she might be going for a weapon or something), she started resisting, and he ended up arresting her.

I'm not going to discuss the story. Instead, I was having an amusing time reading the discussion thread that followed the argument. Some people made good points, both for and against the officer's actions. One guy on the anti-cop side, however, made me laugh,
See this is why Police enFORCEment is sad, it's all about Force, What happened to the good Peace officers, I have had more guns pointed at me by police Officers in Utah then by anyone else, and that's when I have called them...
Really? I have yet to have a single gun pointed at me by ANYONE, much less a police officer. Am I doing something wrong? Offending the wrong people? Hanging out with the wrong crowd? Antagonizing the wrong gun-wielding demographic? I would love to ask him exactly how many times he's had a gun pointed at him, and what he was doing at the time.

(BTW, a picture someone posted in that same discussion thread is the one I used to the "You're doin' it wrong" post I just made.)

No comments: